Sunday, June 26, 2011

MAC Strobe cream

MAC...why are you so expensive. Sure if you buy one thing, it might seem to be decently priced. But when you are a hoarder like me, it hurts to go to MAC. Recently I went and bought the tinted moisturizer which was flipping $32!! That's insane! And you get really little product. And it does nothing for me! I mean i don't need full coverage, but its so light to the point where its kinda ridiculous how little coverage there is. Okay, anyways back to the strobe cream. So when i was standing at the cashier, I saw there were these new and cute MAC travel sized products. The one that stood out was the Strobe cream. I have been wanting to try it for a long time, and when i saw it was in a small tube I COULDN'T RESIST! The travel size is $18 CAD for 1 fluid ounce. Compared to $30 something bucks for 1.7 fluid ounce, I think this is pretty decent. I don't exactly get the hype about this product, I mean sure it gives a nice glow to the face (its very very very subtle though) but I can easily get the same affect if i used my everyday moisturizer and mix it in with some smash box artificial light cream. It has the same pinkish reflective sheen to it, why not just do that?Do you seen that pinkish sheen? Yea that's what I'm talking about. This product can be used as a moisturizer. I have tried it both ways, as a highlighter and a primer. It absorbs easily into the skin but the thing is, the sheen is so subtle to the point where you almost can't see it. I honestly don't see the hype for this product. It has a liquidy cream consistency, easy to blend and you don't need a lot of product to get the full affect.Conclusion:
-price: C
-packaging: C
-product quality: C
-Overall quality: C
-Buy again? No............Not worth it to me. I'd rather just use a highlighter if i want the "glow".

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...