Sunday, September 19, 2010

ELF mineral lipstick

Lipsticks...where do i begin? Their soo pwettyyy =3....yeah I think my new addiction is lip products. Its not even funny how much lip products I buy but never use. SAYYY WAHHT?? I mean its like starting off with eyeshadow for the first time. I was all shy with my make up so I sticked with browns and neutrals, but now I'm all like bright orange and pinks and all that jazz. Same goes for lipsticks which I only tend to use the nude lip look.

Basically these I heard a lot about on Youtube (ex: Lollipop's HG natural nymph as a dupe for Gosh Darling I believe?) and was very curious about these, but don't really wanted to shell out $5 each. I know thats not really a lot for a lipstick, but if you get as much as I do then it does really add up.
ELF company claims: "Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft color naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturizing formula. The sleek lipstick has superior color payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes."
-yes it is quite nourshing
-can't really agree complety with the superior color payoff
-yes they do glide on your lips
-average length of wearing time
-kinda drying
These all come in a nice sleek packaging with its logo on the top of the lid and on the side. For "Made in China" this is pretty high quality. The lid snaps on very nicely, and the lipstick glides on of the tube flawlessly. Thumbs up for packaging. The finish of each tube is quite like the handle of a MAC brush, plastic but with a slight roughness to it.
The lipsticks itself glides on your lips like butter and has a nice color payoff. Only one of them is a sheer finish but other then that, its all good.

Oops, BTW i think I labeled pouty petal and cool coral wrong...its vice versa.
Conclusion:
-price: C+ ($5 each)
-packaging: A
-product quality: B
-Overall quality: B
-Buy again? Only a few--> Natural Nymph and Runway Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...