Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sephora black Friday 2014 haul

 Finishing off the black Friday hauls I did which isn't very much since I only went to two stores.  Nothing else was good.  I was hoping to get a good deal on the Macbook pro too, but there wasn't anything that great for me to splurge. But on the happier note, Sephora had some pretty amazing deals for only $10 for each item.  For those that shop at Sephora, you know that is a steal of a deal since you can step into the store and not wanting to buy anything and then step out of the store paying $100 for two products.  They have this $10 deal every year, and if you want to check the whole list, you can see it on Temptalia's blog page here.

I was eyeing one product indefinitely and would have been super heartbroken if I couldn't buy it and it was the bite beauty lip trio.  Just one of the mini lip glosses sold for $15, so for three for the price was $10 was definitely a steal.  The other products I was on the fence about were the Nest fragrance trio and maybe even the Tarte set if I could get my hands on it.

I tried to wake up at 6:30 am and get to the mall before they opened but I was slightly still sleepy.  I finally got out of bed at 7:30 am and bused to the mall at 8:45 am or so.  I was so scared that everything would have been sold out but I was lucky and everything was still there :D.

Anyways, let's get into the haul :).  I have been talking for too long.
 The first set I got was the art of shaving which I thought would be a cute little kit for my boyfriend since he doesn't even buy himself shaving cream and complains he gets weird bumps from shaving.  I know this brand is expensive so this would be a great introduction kit for him and see if it is any good. $10

 It comes wiht a pre-shave oil, shaving cream, a shaving brush (which isn't soft at all by the way) and an after shave balm.  I would not get him to use the brush since the bristles are so coarse and prickly like a prickly pear. I wish they had little testers since I wanted to know how the products preform but I guess there wouldn't have any time for that since there were ton of people swarming the booth.  Things were going left and right, and you honestly just had to grab some stuff even if you were just thinking about it since it was so chaotic.
 This was the product that made me jump up and down.  It was already sold out online, so the only option was to go to the store and try to find it.  I love their lipsticks, and this brand was the first brand that actually made me like lipsticks since my lips are dry but these did not dry out my lips.  I haven't tried their lip products, so this little $10 was a great deal :).
 This trio came with Rambutan which is the beige tan neutral tone with a hint of pink, currant which is the dusty purple tone with a hint of pink and strawberry which is a baby pink color.
 The packaging is nice, simple and sleek.  The only nit picky thing I'd like to mention is the lids are rubberized just like the NARS packaging.  I know it is suppose to be high end feeling, but I really don't like that it gets dirty so quickly :S.
 The lipstick comes with a doe foot application and these little minis each come with 0.06 oz while their full sized lip glosses come with 0.11 oz. Not very far away from the full size and it comes with three of them :D.
 The texture of these lip glosses were surprisingly very very thick. I didn't think it would be but it is as thick as my Pure smile lip treatment.  But pigmentation of these glosses are very opaque as you can see.  I have pretty red lips, and light lip colors doesn't show up on my lips.  But these do, especially that tan color which is my favorite shade for lip products for some reason haha.  Highly impressed with these gloss but I will have to try them out some more to see how they preform.
 Another great steal of a deal are these Nest fragrance rollerballs.  I saw these and I remembered a youtuber loving the scent of them. I have smelled them before in advance and I liked a couple of them but I wasn't willing to drop $100+ for a perfume I can never finish.  I was really disappointing they didn't carry this perfume in the normal fragrance range at the Sephora I went to since I couldn't remember which Nest fragrances I liked, and which ones smelled like a grandma.  But luckily I like all three of these. $10 is definitely a deal since I see this travel Nest perfume set that is selling for $24 for one roller ball and something else.  Score~
 The box of this trio is gorgeously packaged.  I don't know why but I'm impressed that the box is thick cardboard that has been rubberized.  I have issues LOL.  Consumer issues....
Midnight fleur: "Exotic wood, patchouli, and black amber are blended with sensual notes of night-blooming jasmine and vanilla orchid. The combination of these notes is bold, irresistible, and purely sensual. "

Dahlia and vines: "Dewy daffodils, peony, and rose are blended with the essence of garden vines. This combination reveals a romantic floral that exudes elegance, grace, and luxury. "

Indigo: "Moroccan tea, Kashmir wood, and black cardamom are enhanced with hints of wild fig and bergamot. These notes combine to create a captivating fragrance that transitions well from day to evening. "
 I'm really good at describing scents, but all three of these are passable in my book of not being overly stuffy, grandma like but instead they are fresh, slightly florally and slightly sweet but on the medium to light side.  I will definitely be wearing these fragrances :).  And them being in rollerball form is even better for me since I can just stick it into my bag because I always forget to put any fragrance on before leaving the house.
The last set I got was the tarte sweet creams set which, again is $10.  This set was going super fast.  I was on the fence of getting this since I already bought myself the tarte blush palette from this year and didn't need anymore tarte blushes, but this was a limited edition color and my hoarder self convinced me that I need it in my life.  That and also that when I went back to the booth after circling around the store deciding what I wanted to buy finally, the set was completely gone.  That made me want to keep the set indefinitely.
 This set came with a mini lip surgence lip gloss in the shade magic (limited edition), an amazonian clay 12 hour blush in the shade magic (limited edition) and also a mini lights, camera, lashes 4 in 1 mascara which is in the permanent line.
 Ohh it comes nicely packaged :D.
 The main event.  The blush packaging is slightly on the cheap side but the set is only $10 so it is understandable.  I haven't tried the lip gloss or the mascara but the blush is nice.  I couldn't say it is worth sweating over the shade being limited edition since it is quite a generic pink shade.
See...not very special.  I slightly regret getting this set since someone else that would have wanted it a lot more would have appreciate it more then me but I will keep this set because it is "limited edition" and I'm a hoarder LOL.

Overall, I was satisfied with Sephora's black Friday sale and they had 31 great products to choose from for only $10.  Remember to check Sephora's black friday deals next year since they usually are quite stellar items.  I didn't know anything about their black friday deals so I completely missed out but I hope this is helpful for those of you living in Canada and USA.  These deals are online half a day earlier then black friday and are also in store on Black friday so if you do want something, make sure to be on time or else you will regret it my little make up hoarders ;).  Happy holidays and cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...