Monday, August 23, 2010

ELF nail polish

Dayum...I love these nail polishes. They're only a buck each and the colors are GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE. I think I might collect all of them.

ELF company claim: "This color-lock formula with chip resistant shield gives long lasting nail color with high shine. The aerodynamic bristle design glides color on flawlessly, while the quick dry formula gives perfect application every time. Key nutrients give nails that natural shine, infused with Vitamin E for stronger, healthier nails. Our formula is FREE of: Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP). "

Most of the nail polish names do match the colors, so props to that.
I only have 12 of them right now. Sad I know but i can't really use nail polish in my upcoming culinary arts program because its a health hazard. :'( But i can use them for my toes =).

The only down fall about these are they aren't as good as OPI or essie nail polishes and only last about 3-5 days. If you have a good base coat and top coat, they can survive about 4-7 days max. But for me, all is forgiven for the fact that it doesn't smell toxic, are only a buck each and have fabulous colors

The only problem I have with these are the lids. A lot of them when you twist, the lid doesn't always match to the bottle.

Definition of my description:
Flat finish: no shimmer, no glitter, no nothing. Just a flat color with a shiny finish.
Sheen: contains fine shimmers causing a nice sheen when the light hits.
Desert Haze (creamy nudeish color with the light grey/brown twist; no shimmer->flat)-top fav. COLOR!! The picture doesn't do the beautiful color any justice. =(
Mint cream (pastel light mint cream color; no shimmers->flat color)- This one I was most excited but most dissapointed too. The color is really nice and very trendy right now with thee fashion world, but mine came with a messed up bristle, making it impossible to be not streaky.

Chocolate (dark chocolate broown color;->flat color)- This really surprised me. Although this does make me think of poop color, all you need is one coat for the true color to be revealed. This is also a nice alternative to black. =)
Dark Navy (dark royal navy color; sheen)- Really nice color even though I'm not really into dark colors. Do like this color a lot.
Mod Mauve (Berry mauvey color; flat)- This also is another color I love. The perfect mixer of a darkish color with that little twist.

Champagne (Light peachy color with silver shimmers; sheen finish)
Bubblegum Pink (Barbie neon pink; flat finish)
Passion Pink ( Neon pinkish orange; flat finish)- Kinda reminds be of the 80's XD. Burgundy (Burgundy color with a golden sheen; sheen finish)- This one reminds me a lot of chinese lanterns and red pockets. Its the perfect shade of burgundy (its not a red though) with the beautiful hint of golden sheen.
Fire Coral (neon orange; flat finish)Coral (more pink color with hint of golden then a coral; sheen finish)
My babies on my shelve stacked nicely on my DIY nail polish stand. Looks like girl's eye candy with all those beautiful colors. =3

Conclusion:
-price: A+ ($1 each)
-packaging: B+
-product quality: A
-Overall quality: B++
-Buy again? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...