Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ELF studio complexion perfection

Yes...the complexion perfection. This has been quite hyped up on Youtube too. I bought this a while back and I had to say my first impression wasn't very good.
ELF Company Claim: "Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutralizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red. "

-balanced complexion? Hmm... well see
-lightweight? so so
-absorbs excess oil? Yes
-brightens, mattes, neutralizes: Yes
Just like elf's claim, you can use these separately or swirl them together. On the color wheel, green is the opposite of red, which means it counter acts redness. But i don't think there is ever orange on my skin...unless you spray tan too much xD. I use the yellow and pink together to counter act purple/ under eye circles.
One of the bad thing is that the powder makes my face a little too white, so unlike the Make Up forever HD powder, it doesn't leave a translucent finish. But don't worry, it doesn't look yellow/green/blue/pink after applied.
The powder itself is nice and silky; pressed quite well too. As for balancing redness, I have quite a bit of redness around my cheeks and my nose. After I used this powder, it didn't balance the redness. I was quite disappointed but it did work for small pimples. So I guess, it does counter act redness, but not the skin deep kind XD...if that made any sense.
Conclusion
-Price: A+
-Packaging: A
-Product Quality: B-
-Overall Rating: B-
-Buy again? No

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...